The Heavilin PTO exists to enhance your child’s education by funding programs and services not fully supported financially by Valparaiso Community Schools. The Heavilin PTO relies on your generous donations to fund many of our programs and services. We can’t thank you enough for supporting the Heavilin PTO.
Pledge Drive Goal
Our fundraising goal for the 2019 Fall Pledge Drive is to raise $16 per student for a total of $8,000. We understand that not all families, especially those with multiple students, are able to meet this goal, but please know that every gift, no matter the size, is appreciated and makes a real difference in the lives of our students.
Why a Pledge Drive Instead of a Traditional Product-Sale Fundraiser?
- Increased Financial Return – The Heavilin PTO will receive 100% of every dollar donated in a pledge drive. In our prior Fall Fundraisers, selling food items, gift cards, coupon books, etc., the Heavilin PTO received only about 50% of the money spent on products.
- Minimal Overhead and Volunteer Time – Many types of fundraisers require a lot of overhead and volunteers to make happen. Implementing a pledge drive versus other resource-intensive fundraisers allows us to spend our time and limited resources on services and activities that will benefit our kids and families instead of on fundraising.
- Less Pressure – Heavilin students and parents will not have to sell products to family, friends, and neighbors that, however useful, are only purchased to help the school. Parents will not have to make a special trip to pick up orders and then take time to distribute them. Small donations from parents, family, friends, and neighbors will allow students to quickly reach or exceed their goal.
- Tax Benefits – All donations are tax-deductible.
- Company Match for Charitable Contributions – A pledge drive allows us the opportunity to receive additional funds through employer gift matching programs.
Why is participating so important?
The enrichment programs, services and activities we make possible are not funded by the State of Indiana, the Valparaiso Community Schools, or property taxes. If the PTO does not raise funds, we will not be able to continue to provide and support all of the activities that we currently have scheduled.
We are excited about our 2019-20 school year and your participation in the Heavilin PTO Fall Pledge Drive. For more information please visit our website at heavilinpto.digitalpto.com. If you have any questions, please contact Janelle Evans ([email protected]) or Kimberly Emmett ([email protected]).
Thank you for your generous support!
Advertising helps supplement this free website by DigitalPTO.com | Disable Ads Here